Crocheting an alien amigurumi can be a fun and creative way to explore your crafting skills. This cute and quirky crochet alien creature can be made with just a few basic stitches and a little bit of patience.
In this article, we will walk you through the steps needed to create your own adorable crochet alien amigurumi that you can enjoy or gift to a few alien and solar system lovers.
Crochet Alien Materials needed
- Worsted weight yarn in your chosen colors (green, blue, pink, purple or any other colors you like)
$2.99 a ball!
- A crochet hook (size G or H is recommended)
You could never have enough hooks!
- Fiberfill stuffing
Gives the amigurumis perfect shaping!
- Yarn needle
HOW TO CROCHET AN ALIEN AMIGURUMI
Step 1: Choose your yarn colors
The first step in creating a crochet alien amigurumi is to choose the yarn colors you want to use. You can choose traditional alien colors like green or blue, or you can decide to be a little cretive and choose any colors you like.
For example, you can create a pink or purple alien amigurumi if you prefer. You will need two colors for the body and two colors for the eyes, again, this is all optional and it will depend on the pattern you decide to use.
Handmade Teak Wood Yarn Bowls
Step 2: Crochet the body
To crochet the body of the alien, you will start by making a magic ring. Then, you will work in the round to create the body.
Begin with the first color you have chosen for the crochet alien body, and work single crochet stitches in a spiral until the body measures about 3 inches. Once you have reached the desired length, stuff the body with fiberfill.
Step 3: Crochet the head
To create the head of the alien, if you are using multiple colours, you will use the second color you have chosen for the body. Crochet a sphere using single crochet stitches, and stuff it with fiberfill. Once the head is complete, use the yarn needle to sew it onto the top of the body.
Keep your hooks organised!
Not only stylish but useful!
Step 4: Crochet the eyes
To create the eyes, you will use the two colors you have chosen for the eyes. Crochet two circles using single crochet stitches.
The first circle should be the larger size for the outer eye, and the second circle should be the smaller size for the inner eye.
Sew the two circles together using the second color. Then, sew the eyes onto the head of the alien. If you do not want to crochet your own alien eyes, you can always use safety eyes, but what is an alien without their big eyes right?
Step 5: Crochet the arms and legs
To create the arms and legs of the crochet alien, you will use the first color you have chosen for the body. Crochet two small cylinders for the arms, and two larger cylinders for the legs. Stuff the arms and legs with fiberfill, and then sew them onto the body of the alien.
Step 6: Add details
To add details to your crochet alien amigurumi, you can use a contrasting color of yarn to create a mouth, nose, or other features. You can also add additional features like antennas or spots.
Furls 5 Hook Standing Display
CAN BEGINNERS CROCHET ALIEN AMIGURUMIS?
Yes, a beginner can definitely crochet an alien amigurumi!
While the process of crocheting an amigurumi can seem daunting at first, the stitches and techniques used to create an amigurumi are actually quite simple and can be mastered with a little bit of practice.
To get started, it’s helpful to have some basic crochet knowledge, such as how to chain, single crochet, and increase and decrease stitches. There are many tutorials and resources available online that can help you learn these basic crochet techniques.
When it comes to crocheting an alien amigurumi, it’s also important to take your time and pay close attention to the pattern. Following the pattern step by step will help you create the correct shape and proportions for your alien.
Additionally, it’s important to remember that crocheting an amigurumi is a process that involves trial and error.
It’s okay if your first attempt doesn’t turn out perfectly – you can always unravel the yarn and try again. The more you practice, the better you will become at creating amigurumis.
While crocheting an alien amigurumi may seem intimidating at first, it is definitely achievable for a beginner with some patience, practice, and a willingness to learn. With the help of online resources and tutorials, anyone can create a cute and quirky crochet alien amigurumi.
CROCHET ALIEN AMIGURUMI TIPS
here are some tips to help you create the perfect crochet alien amigurumi:
- Use the right size hook and yarn: The size of your crochet hook and yarn can affect the size and shape of your amigurumi. For a small amigurumi like an alien, a smaller size hook and yarn is usually best. Using a hook that is too large can result in a loose and floppy amigurumi, while using a hook that is too small can make it difficult to crochet and stuff the amigurumi.
- Stuff the amigurumi firmly: The key to creating a well-shaped amigurumi is to stuff it firmly. Use small pieces of fiberfill to stuff the arms, legs, head, and body, making sure to push the stuffing into all the corners and crevices. A well-stuffed amigurumi will have a firm and smooth shape.
- Keep your stitches tight: Tight stitches are essential for creating a neat and tight-knit amigurumi. To achieve tight stitches, make sure to hold the yarn firmly and consistently throughout the project. Additionally, use the correct tension while working, which means neither pulling the yarn too tightly nor too loosely.
- Use stitch markers: Stitch markers are an essential tool for keeping track of the beginning and end of each round. They can help ensure that your stitches are lined up correctly, and they can also help you count your stitches and make sure that you are not accidentally skipping or adding stitches.
- Pay attention to details: Adding small details like antennas, spots, or a smile can really bring your amigurumi to life. Take the time to carefully attach these details and use a small crochet hook to create precise and intricate details. This extra effort can really make your amigurumi stand out and look more professional.
- Have fun and be creative: One of the best things about crocheting an amigurumi is the opportunity to be creative and let your imagination run wild. Experiment with different color combinations, try new stitch patterns, and add your own personal touches to create a truly unique and adorable alien amigurumi.
- Crochet Alien Materials needed
- HOW TO CROCHET AN ALIEN AMIGURUMI
- CAN BEGINNERS CROCHET ALIEN AMIGURUMIS?
- CROCHET ALIEN AMIGURUMI TIPS
- STITCHET & TECHNIQUES TO CROCHETING AN ALIEN
- EASY CROCHET ALIEN AMIGURUMI PATTERNS
- How to use crochet aliens
By following these tips, you can create a cute and quirky crochet alien amigurumi that is sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face
STITCHET & TECHNIQUES TO CROCHETING AN ALIEN
Here are some basic crochet stitches and techniques that you’ll need to know to create a crochet alien amigurumi:
- Magic ring: The magic ring, also known as a magic circle, is a technique used to start crocheting in the round. It creates a tight center and eliminates the hole that can sometimes be left by a chain stitch. The magic ring is often used at the start of an amigurumi project to create a seamless base.
- Single crochet (sc): The single crochet stitch is a basic stitch used in almost every amigurumi pattern. It is used to create the body, arms, legs, and head of the amigurumi.
- Increase (inc): The increase stitch is used to add stitches to a round, allowing the amigurumi to get larger in a controlled way. This stitch is often used to create the rounded shapes of the head and body of the amigurumi.
- Decrease (dec): The decrease stitch is used to decrease the number of stitches in a round, allowing the amigurumi to get smaller in a controlled way. This stitch is often used to create the tapered shape of the arms, legs, and ears of the amigurumi.
- Slip stitch (sl st): The slip stitch is used to join the beginning and end of a round or to move the yarn from one spot to another without creating a new stitch.
- Embroidery: Embroidery is a technique used to create details on the amigurumi. It is often used to create the face, spots, or other details on the alien.
By mastering these basic stitches and techniques, you’ll be able to create a crochet alien amigurumi that is both cute and professional-looking.
There are many resources available online, including video tutorials and written instructions, that can help you learn these stitches and techniques. With a little bit of practice and patience, you’ll be well on your way to creating a unique and lovable crochet alien amigurumi
EASY CROCHET ALIEN AMIGURUMI PATTERNS
Now that we are comfortable and ready to crochet an alien, let us fins a pattern or two that you can use!
1. Amigurumi Alien Free Pattern
Talk about creativity. WHen you think about crochet aliens, you think ot a small body and a big round head with big eyes, but look here, a crochet butterfly alien. Grab the free crochet pattern HERE.
2. Cosmo the alien crochet pattern
This is a paid crochet alien pattern. I could not resist sharing it as it is just too cute. Using plush yarn, you can have yourself this crochet creature. Make it to sell, or ad a keychain to gift or even sell too. The choice is your. Read more…
3. Alien Amigurumi Patten
Grab the free crochet alien amigurumi pattern HERE
4. Alien Amigurumi Pattern
Another paid crochet alien pattern, grab the PDF HERE
5. Amigurumi alien crochet pattern
This little alien guy is cute. Grab the free rochet alien amigurumi pattern HERE
How to use crochet aliens
Crochet alien amigurumis can be used in a variety of ways. Here are some ideas:
- Toys: Crochet alien amigurumis can make great toys for children. They are soft, huggable, and easy to hold, making them a perfect companion for playtime.
- Home decor: Crochet alien amigurumis can also be used as decorative items for the home. They can be displayed on shelves, desks, or used as part of a themed decor, such as a space-themed bedroom.
- Gifts: Crochet alien amigurumis make great gifts for children and adults alike. You can customize them with different colors and details to make them extra special. They also make great stocking stuffers or surprise gifts.
- Photo props: Crochet alien amigurumis can be used as props for photoshoots or social media posts. They can add a fun and quirky touch to your pictures and help you stand out from the crowd.
- Stress relievers: Crochet alien amigurumis can also be used as stress relievers. They can be squeezed and played with to help relieve anxiety and promote relaxation.
Overall, crochet alien amigurumis are a versatile and fun item to crochet. They can be used in many ways and make great gifts for any occasion. So, why not give it a try and create your own cute and lovable crochet alien amigurumi?
In conclusion, crocheting an alien amigurumi is a fun and simple project that can be completed in just a few hours.
With some basic crochet skills and a little creativity, you can create a unique and charming alien that will bring joy to anyone who sees it.
We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of creating your own crochet alien amigurumi. Happy crocheting!