Looking for a cool new crochet amigurumi pattern to keep your hooks dancing, look no further than this crochet snake pattern.
In this article, we’ll take you on a colourful journey into the enchanting world of crochet snakes. Not only will we provide you with a paid and free crochet snake patterns, but we’ll also reveal some secret tips and tricks to make your creation stand out from the rest. So, grab your yarn and hook, and let’s dive into this exciting crochet adventure!
What is amigurumi?
Amigurumi is a Japanese art form of crocheting or knitting small stuffed creatures and anthropomorphic characters. The word “amigurumi” is a combination of two Japanese words: “ami,” which means crocheted or knitted, and “nuigurumi,” which means stuffed doll. This craft technique gained popularity in the early 2000s and has since become a global phenomenon.
Embracing the whimsy of crochet snakes
Crochet snakes have an undeniable charm, and they can add a touch of whimsy to your home decor or make delightful gifts for loved ones.
Unlike their slithering counterparts in nature, crochet snakes are cuddly and cosy, perfect for snuggling with or decorating any space.
Whether you’re a seasoned crocheter or a beginner, the joy of creating these adorable serpents knows no bounds.
Unleashing your inner creativity
When it comes to crochet snakes, there are no rules set in stone! Embrace your creativity and mix and match colours to create captivating patterns.
Whether you opt for bold stripes, ombre gradients, or a rainbow-hued reptile, the choice is yours. A vibrant colour palette will undoubtedly make your crochet snake pop with personality, and it’ll surely turn heads wherever it goes.
Everything needed to crochet snakes
- Worsted weight yarn in your choice of colors
- Crochet hook (suggested size: 4.00mm)
You could never have enough hooks!
- Fiberfill stuffing
Gives the amigurumis perfect shaping!
- Yarn needle
- Safety eyes (or you can embroider the eyes using yarn)
Assorted Safety Eyes & Nose
Easy Crochet Snake Patterns
Without wasting too much time. Lets dive into the fun snake crochet patterns
1. Ball Python Crochet Pattern
This beautiful ball python can be made in so many variations! Use one of the included graphs, a multicolor yarn, or even make to match your own pet using the provided blank graph! Grab pattern HERE.
2. Rainbow snake crochet pattern
For the free crochet snake pattern, head HERE
3. Crochet Temperature snake pattern
Grab the crochet pattern HERE
4. Steve the snake crochet pattern
Grab the paid crochet snake pattern HERE.
5. Amigurumi Crochet Snake Pattern
Grab the paid pattern HERE.
6. Handmade Crochet Snake Amigurumi
Grab the paid pattern HERE
7. Cobra Crochet Pattern
Grab the crochet snake pattern HERE.
8. Crochet snake applique pattern
Grab the pattern HERE. If you love crochet appliques, then you will love the crochet applique pattern.
9. Crochet snake pattern
Grab the pattern HERE.
How to care for a crochet snake amigurumi
Caring for a crochet snake amigurumi is essential to ensure its longevity and keep it looking its best. Here are some tips on how to care for your adorable yarn reptile:
- Gentle Hand Washing: If your crochet snake gets dirty or dusty, it’s best to hand wash it. Fill a basin with lukewarm water and add a small amount of mild detergent or baby shampoo. Gently immerse the amigurumi in the water and use your hands to softly clean the surface. Avoid twisting or wringing the snake to prevent any damage.
- Rinse Thoroughly: After washing, rinse the amigurumi thoroughly to remove all soap residue. You can use fresh water or refill the basin with clean water several times, gently squeezing the snake to expel excess water.
- Pat Dry: Carefully press the amigurumi between two clean towels to absorb excess water. Avoid rubbing or wringing, as it can distort the shape of the snake. Allow the amigurumi to air dry on a flat surface, reshaping it if necessary. Avoid direct sunlight or heat sources, as they can cause the colors to fade or the yarn to become brittle.
- Store Properly: When not in use or display, store your crochet snake in a dry and clean place. Avoid damp or humid environments, as they can promote mold or mildew growth. Consider placing the amigurumi in a sealed plastic bag or container to protect it from dust and pests.
- Handle with Care: While amigurumi is generally durable, it’s best to handle it with care, especially if it has small embellishments like safety eyes or other attachments. Avoid pulling or tugging on any parts, as it can lead to damage.
- Repair as Needed: If you notice any loose threads, small tears, or loose attachments, repair them promptly to prevent further damage. Use a yarn needle to weave in loose ends securely, and reinforce any weak areas with extra stitches if necessary.
- Avoid Washing Machines and Dryers: Machine washing and drying are not recommended for crochet amigurumi, as they can cause the stitches to unravel and distort the shape of the figure.
By following these care tips, your crocheted snake amigurumi will remain cuddly, colorful, and charming for years to come. Whether it’s a cherished keepsake or a beloved toy, proper care will ensure that it continues to bring joy and smiles to you and those around you.