What’s the best thing about crochet? You can crochet just about anything! I find the crochet shark to be super cute, i have not attempted to make one myself, but i see myself doing that in the future.
In this blog post, i will share with you a few crochet shark patterns that i thought were lovely and a must make, They are for all level crocheters, from beginner to advanced. If you are obsessed with crochet animals, then you will surely love this one.
Easy Crochet Shark Pattern
Just a little tip, these crochet sharks do not have to end at home decor or a present to someone or yourself. You can make these shark amigurumis and sell them. You will be surprised how many people are willing to buy these. Just a little tip to make some money in the side.
If you are an animal lover, then i am sure you will love this crochet cat sweater post.
How To Crochet A Shark
Crocheting a shark is no different from crocheting an other animal. You need the materials that all other stuffing animals call for. Poly-Fill, Eyes, required yarn and the recommended crochet hook. Plus the pattern.
With that, you will begin working the shark body, for this you might want to be comfortable with the magic loop, from there you wil work rows of increase followed by decrease and a few normal rows.
Then the shark fins and tail, give it its big shiny smile and then the eyes. Fill it up and there you go, crochet shark!
The basic supplies to crocheting your sea animal are:
- Yarn- Be sure to follow the required size yarn. Mary maxim has some of my very favourite yarns, i am sure you would love a few.
- Crochet hook– the required crochet hook of course, but if you are in the market for some crochet hooks, then furls have wonderful crochet hooks.
- yarn needle– to weave in the eds when you are done of course.
- Stitch markers – To indicate where the rows begin and the increase and decreases becaue they can get a little confusing.
- Scissors– To chop chop the yarn when done
- Poly-Fill– Otherwise you will not have a crochet shark
- Eyes– You know why
Best Yarn For Crochet Sharks
The crochet pattern will definitely recommend a yarn for your shark. However, if you are in need of other yarn, then Mary maxim has a variety of crochet and knitting yarn. From Lion Brand, Caron, Mary Maxim.
Can I crochet shark as a beginner?
There are other crochet patterns linked below that are for absolute beginners. And if you are looking to make your first amigurumi animal, then a crochet shark is a good place to start.
Tips to crocheting your first shark
- Yarn-Follow the recommended crochet yarn by the pattern. It does not have to be the exact yarn, but follow the yarn weight.
- Gauge– Make a gauge swatch before you start crocheting the whole project. If the swatch requires you to go down a crochet hok, then do that.
- When the going get’s hard, take breaks in between. It is annoying to crochet a few rows just for you make a mistake. Listen to your body and let it rest when it asks for it.
Crochet Shark Pattern
Finally, the moment we have been waiting for, the crochet shark patterns! Be sure to let us know which pattern you loved.
1. Shark Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
There have been a few famous sharks in media like the one from Jaws, and Bruce from Finding Nemo. They are based on the Great White shark, the largest predatory fish in the world. These imposing beasts can rocket through the water at high speeds and intimidate with rows of large serrated teeth. Read more…
2. Finely The Shark
Have you already started thinking about Christmas gifts for the little ones?
If you have an ocean lover in your house or you happen to know one, today’s post is just perfect for you! Read more…
3. Amigurumi Shark Key Chain
These cute shark key chains make the perfect gift for loved ones or friends! It will be something they will carry with them everywhere they go. Read more…
4. Amigurumi Baby Shark
These crochet baby sharks are just the cutest, i almost thought it was a real shark for a second. If you are looking for your next crochet animal project, then this is the one. Read more…
5. Hammerhead Shark Crochet Pattern
If there is one thing that amazes me about God, then it is his creation. If you feel like crocheting this shark, then get the pattern here…
6. Cute Shark Pattern
These are just two cute smiling sharks. Makes you want to smile with them. Get the pattern here
Pin this post: Save this tutorial to your Pinterest boards so that you can come back to it later.
Leave a comment: We love to hear your feedback. Tell me in the comments below!
Share on Instagram or Facebook: When you make this project, share it on social media and tag me,We love to see what you make!