Recently i have fallen in love with the crochet granny square cardigan, i have never had the patience for a crochet granny square until i made my first crochet granny square. And i fell in love.
- Easy Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
- How do you crochet a granny square?
- Supplies For A Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
- Best Yarn For A Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
- Types Of Crochet Granny Squares
- Let’s get social
- Easy Crochet Granny Square Cardigan Patterns
- 1. Granny Square Cardigan, Free Crochet Pattern
- 2. Crochet Lacy Flat Granny Square Cardigan
- 3. Halloween Granny Square Cardigan Free Pattern
- 4. Granny Square Cardigan Crochet Pattern
- 5. Crochet Cozy Granny Square Cardigan Pattern
- 6. Everyday Granny Square Cardigan Crochet Pattern
- 7. Tulip Square Cardi
- 8. Super Easy Granny Square Cardigan From a Blanket
- 9. Wildflower Granny Square Cardigan Pattern
- 10. Free Crochet Pattern: Granny Square Cocoon Cardigan
- 11. Beautiful Crochet Granny Square Patterns
- 12. 25 Crochet Granny Square Cardigan Patterns
I will be sharing 25 easy crochet granny square cardigan free patterns that are perfect for the beginner, intermediate and advanced crocheter. If you are still new to crochet granny squares, then i have a free PDF pattern of a Daisy crochet granny square you can download.
Easy Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
A crochet granny square cardigan is a cardigan that is brought together from many crochet granny squares. These crochet granny squares are all made separately then are sewed together to make a crochet granny square cardigan.
They are brought to life by using two or more colour yarns to give them their beautiful appearance. You will come cross some granny square patterns that are made from one solid colour, and even some crochet cardigans that are made from a crochet granny square stitch.
The crochet granny square might look complicated at first, but can be very therapeutic ti make and easy as the pattern is very repetitive.
How do you crochet a granny square?
To make a crochet granny square, it means you will e working in a square, so the basic way to crochet a granny square is as follows:
- Make a magic ring or chain 5- A magic ring is the easiest way to start a crochet granny square, however, a crochet magic ring can be very intimidating to make, so a chain of 5 and the slip stitching into the first chain to form a circle is the easier alternative.
- Then, it is followed by working either single crochets or double crochets, this will depend on the type of crochet granny square you are making.
- Follow up by adding more rows to the crochet granny square till you have the desired size as the pattern insists.
Supplies For A Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
In order to work your crochet granny square cardigan peacefully, there will be need for certain materials.
- Worsted weight yarn
- Crochet hooks
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
Best Yarn For A Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
Considering that the crochet granny squares will be worn, it is best to pick a yarn that will still look its best after many washes. Below us a list of my favourite yarn to work with
- Lion brand Colour Theory Yarn– This yarn is affordable, 100% acrylic and can be machine washed and dried. Great yarn for crochet wearable.
- Lion brand Pound Of Love Yarn– Another great yarn for crochet wearable, 100% acrylic, and can be machine washed and dried.
- Mary Maxim Maximum Value– A great yarn to crochet garments with.
Types Of Crochet Granny Squares
- Starburst granny square
- Solid granny square
- Crochet willow square
- Daisy granny square
- Sunflower granny square
- Tulips from Holland afghan squares
- Stained glass granny square
There are a lot more to the crochet granny squares, read this article to learn more.
Let’s get social
I update my crochet projects on my social media platforms, so if you haven’t already, let’s follow each other on Instagram, Pinterest and Join the FaceBook group so you are notified of all the free crochet patterns.
Easy Crochet Granny Square Cardigan Patterns
So now grab yourself a cup of tea or a drink, and let’s dive into these crochet granny square patterns. Be sure to let me know which crochet pattern was your fave.
1. Granny Square Cardigan, Free Crochet Pattern
Here is a crochet granny square cardigan made from a very easy granny square pattern. The choice of colours makes it stand out so much and brings attitude to the crochet cardigan.
This is a crochet cardigan pattern by Agyness, read more about it …
2. Crochet Lacy Flat Granny Square Cardigan
This is crochet granny square cardigan pattern by yours truly, it is brought to life by using the flat granny square stitch, it is so easy and quick to make.
3. Halloween Granny Square Cardigan Free Pattern
If you are in the market for a warm crochet granny square cardigan pattern, then this Halloween granny square cardigan might just be the one.
4. Granny Square Cardigan Crochet Pattern
This is another crochet granny square cardigan made with very simple stitches, perfect for the beginners crochet project.
5. Crochet Cozy Granny Square Cardigan Pattern
Here is a granny square worked in one colour through out. The granny squares are worked in multiple colours to give the beautiful final granny square cardigan look. Another beautiful crochet granny square cardigan pattern.
6. Everyday Granny Square Cardigan Crochet Pattern
Another super beautiful crochet granny square cardigan pattern
7. Tulip Square Cardi
8. Super Easy Granny Square Cardigan From a Blanket
Every heard of a crochet cocoon cardigan? Well here is a granny square version of that.
9. Wildflower Granny Square Cardigan Pattern
10. Free Crochet Pattern: Granny Square Cocoon Cardigan
Here is another crochet cocoon granny square carding.