Sweater season is coming up, or, if you are reading this probably already upon us which means we need to find the best yarn for crochet sweaters. I just realised i love to crochet sweaters more than anything.
- Affordable Best Yarn For Crochet Sweaters
- Commonly Asked Questions On Crochet Sweaters
- Best Yarn For Crochet Sweaters
- Crochet Sweater Patterns
They take forever, but they are a bomb. I love them more than crochet summer tops. Over the year i learnt a trick to crochet sweaters in one piece (sort of) to reduce the connecting of arms, collar, ribs, sleeves, pockets. It was all too much on me.
I just do not have much patience to be honest, but i have a love for crochet granny square sweaters.
Affordable Best Yarn For Crochet Sweaters
When looking for yarn to make wearables, you want to find high quality yarn, on top of that, you want yarn that will be friendly on your purse considering this financial season.
So i have the Best yarn for crochet sweaters at a very reasonable price.
Commonly Asked Questions On Crochet Sweaters
Before we get any further, there are a few questions i would like to address, i have been asked these questions in the few years i have been crocheting and writing crochet patterns, i even had these questions as a crochet beginner.
What Yarn Weight Is Best For Sweaters?
This is all depending on the sweater pattern you are using.
Some patterns may call for a bulky yarn while others simply ask for a worsted weight yarn. What is more common however, is the worsted weight yarn.
How Many Skeins Of Yarn Do I Need To Crochet A Sweater?
This will depend on the size you are making, type of yarn used as well as the sweater design. If the sweater is an oversized sweater, then this might call for slightly more yarn than you would need if you were making a crop sweater.
Follow the crochet pattern you are using and purchase the number of yarn it calls for being sure to follow the gauge for that crochet pattern.
Is Crocheting A Sweater Difficult?
No. Let’s end it there.
As a beginner, you can crochet your first sweater. If you need help you can take a crochet course i offer HERE.
Best Yarn For Crochet Sweaters
Take note, these are my personal preferences, if you have a list of your favourite yarn for crochet sweater or even cardigans, then let us know in the comments.
1. Red Heart
- Super Saver Worsted Weight yarn– This yarn is a money saver, It has been Americas best selling yarn for over 70 years and is truly loved by lot. Being a 198g/364 yards per ball for a price of $3.00, you are saving a lot.
Brand: Red Heart
Care: Machine wash and dry
Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic
Hook Size: H-8 (5 mm)
Size: hook-H-8 (5 mm)
Needle Size: 8 (5 mm)
Size: needle-8 (5 mm)
Project Type: Yarn
Yarn Ball Weight: 7 oz (198 g)
Yarn Gauge: 17 sts and 23 rows to 4″ (10 cm)
Yarn Length: 364 yds (332.841 m)
Yarn Range Number: 640
Yarn Weight: 4 Medium Worsted
- With Love– An ultra-soft premium acrylic worsted weight yarn, available in a wide range of beautiful variegated and self striping shades. This easy care yarn is perfect for blankets, throws, hats, scarves, sweaters for kids and adults, and more For only $2.99.
Knit or crochet lightweight garments, accessories, and home decor projects with this acrylic yarn! Once you’ve tried it, it will definitely become your favorite yarn. Made for you, with Love.
Red Heart with Love yarn can be safely machine washed and dried. It is also dry cleanable with P solvents. Do not iron.
Solids: 370 yards per 7 oz. ball.
Variegates: 230 yards per 5 oz. ball.
Metallic: 200 yards per 4.5 oz. ball
Stripes: 223 yards per 5 oz. ball
2. Mary Maxim’s
- Starlette Yarn– This 100% premium acrylic yarn is best known for its softness, beautiful drape and easy care. This washable and durable classic yarn is perfect for a variety of projects including accessories, sweaters, afghans and more. Available in 40 colours for $3.99
- Maximum Value Yarn– For $5.99, you can get this yarn for sweaters said to be the best quality worsted weight yarn with the softness and versatility you will love. Easy-care, looks great wash after wash. Machine wash and dry.
Other Best Yarn For Crochet Sweaters & Cardigans
If you would love to browse all sorts of worsted weight yarn and other yarn weights, then you can check them out HERE
Crochet Sweater Patterns
Now that you have found the best yarn for crochet sweaters, why don’t you browse through these crochet sweaters and see which one you might want to make for this season?