Are you a fan of amigurumi and looking for a fun and delicious project to work on? Look no further than the sweet crochet apple amigurumi! These cute little crocheted fruits are perfect for anyone who loves apples, food-themed crafts, or just wants to add a touch of whimsy to their home decor.
Easy Crochet Apple Amigurumi Free Pattern
The best part about making your own crochet apple amigurumi is that you can customize them to your liking. Use your favorite apple variety as inspiration for the colors and shape of your amigurumi. Granny Smith apples can be made with a bright green yarn, while Honeycrisp apples can be crafted with a soft red and yellow combination.
Once you’ve picked out your yarn, it’s time to get started on the fun part: crocheting! The apple amigurumi pattern typically starts with a magic ring, followed by a series of increasing rounds to create the apple shape. After the main body is complete, the stem and leaf are added as finishing touches.
$2.99 a ball!
If you’re new to crocheting, don’t worry! The apple amigurumi pattern is a beginner-friendly project that is easy to follow along. With a little bit of practice, you’ll be able to whip up a whole basket of crochet apple amigurumi in no time.
Once you have completed your crochet apple amigurumi, there are a variety of ways you can display them. They make great additions to a fruit-themed kitchen or as cute accents on a bookshelf or coffee table. You could even string them together to make a festive fall garland!
In addition to being adorable and fun to make, crochet apple amigurumi can also be great gifts for friends and family. They are perfect for anyone who loves handmade crafts, food-themed decor, or just wants a little bit of whimsy in their life.
So, whether you’re a seasoned crocheter or a beginner looking for a fun new project, give the crochet apple amigurumi a try! You’ll love the deliciously cute results.
Materials To Crocheting Apples
Here are the supplies you will need to make your own crochet apple amigurumi:
- Worsted weight yarn in red, green, brown, and/or yellow (depending on the type of apple you want to create)
- Crochet hook in size G (4.00 mm)
- Stuffing material (polyester fiberfill or similar)
- Yarn needle for sewing in ends and attaching stem and leaf
- Small amount of brown or green yarn for stem
- Small amount of green yarn for leaf
These supplies can easily be found at your local craft store or online. You may also want to consider purchasing safety eyes if you want your apple amigurumi to have eyes instead of being faceless. However, this is optional and you can certainly crochet your own eyes if you prefer.
With these supplies, you’ll be all set to create your own adorable crochet apple amigurumi!
Can a beginner crochet an apple
Absolutely! The crochet apple amigurumi pattern is beginner-friendly and can be a great project for someone new to crocheting. The pattern typically uses basic crochet stitches such as single crochet, increase, and decrease.
As long as you have some experience with these stitches and are comfortable with reading crochet patterns, you should be able to successfully complete this project.
If you are completely new to crocheting, don’t worry! There is a YouTube Video Tutorial that can help walk you through the crochet apple process. You can start by practicing some of the basic stitches and gradually work your way up to more complex projects like the crochet apple amigurumi.
It’s important to take your time and practice each stitch until you feel comfortable with it before moving on to the next. Remember, crocheting is a skill that takes time and patience to master, so don’t get discouraged if it takes a few tries to get it right.
Overall, with a little bit of practice and determination, even a beginner can crochet their own deliciously cute apple amigurumi. So why not give it a try and see what you can create!
Tips To Crochetig an amigurumi apple
Here are some fun tips for crocheting your own apple amigurumi!
- Pick your favorite apple variety as inspiration for the colors and shape of your amigurumi. This is a fun way to personalize your project and make it feel extra special.
- Consider adding a face to your apple amigurumi! Use safety eyes or crochet your own eyes and mouth to give your apple some personality.
- If you’re having trouble getting your apple shape just right, try stuffing it as you go. This will help you get a better idea of the final shape and make it easier to adjust if needed.
- Get creative with your apple stem and leaf! You can crochet them in any color or style you like. For example, you could make a curly stem or add some extra leaves for a more whimsical look.
- If you want your apple amigurumi to be even more realistic, consider adding some texture with a surface crochet technique. This can create the look of bumps or wrinkles on the apple’s skin.
- Use a stitch marker to help keep track of your rounds. This will make it easier to count your stitches and ensure that your apple is coming out the right size and shape.
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the process of crocheting your apple amigurumi. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things – who knows, you might just come up with your own unique twist on this classic pattern!
CROCHET APPLE AMIGURUMI FREE PATTERN
- The apple is worked in the rounds
- Ch 1 does not count as a stitch
- You can use any size yarn and its corresponding crochet hooks
- If you do not have stuffing, feel free to use yarn vomit, i did!
- MR– Magic ring
- SC– Single crochet
- Slst– Slip stitch
- Incr– Increase
- ( ) x 6 = repeat whatever is between the brackets the number of times stated
CROCHET APPLE PATTERN
Round 1: Place 6 sc in the MR (8)
Round 2: ( incr) X 6 (12)
Round 3: ( 1 sc, incr) x 6 (18)
Round 4: (2 sc, incr) x 6 (24)
Round 5: (3 sc, incr) x 6 (30)
Round 6: (4sc, incr) x6 (36)
Round 7-13 : (sc) 
Round 14: (4sc, dec) x6 (30)
Round 15: (3 sc, dec) x6 (24) (great time for stuffing)
Round 16: ( 2 sc, dec) x6 (18)
Round 17: (1sc, dec) x6 (12)
Round 18: (dec) x6 (6)
Fasten off and Leave a long tail for closing. Close the rest of the circle.
MAKING THE APPLE SHAPE
To get the apple shape. Inter the crochet needle from the center you closed the body to the first magic ring center and pull tight ( not too tight to break the yarn), rep this a few time till your body makes an apple shape dent and fasten off after you have secured.
With the brown yarn, ch 9, in the back bumps, sc all the way down. Ch 1 and cut off yarn leaving a tail to weave in.
To make the leaf, grab your green yarn and make a ch of 7, into the second ch from the hook, and the following chains: sc,hdc,dc,dc,hdc,sc. Rep this for the other side of the chain. Sc,hdc,dc,dc,hdc,sc. Ch 1 and fasten off leaving a long tail.
Connect the stem to the apple and the leaf to the stem. Weave in any ends that are sticking out!
Your crochet apple amigurumi is all done!
How to use an amigurumi crochet apple
A crochet apple amigurumi can be used in a variety of ways! Here are some ideas:
- Decorate your home: Use your crochet apple as a cute decoration around your home. It can be a fun addition to a fall-themed centerpiece or as a decorative item on a bookshelf.
- Give it as a gift: A handmade crochet apple amigurumi can make a thoughtful and unique gift for a friend or loved one. You can customize it with their favorite colors or even add a personalized message to the stem.
- Use it as a stress ball: Believe it or not, a small crochet apple can make a great stress ball! The size and shape are perfect for squeezing in your hand to help relieve stress and tension.
- Play with it: Children (or even adults) can use the crochet apple as a toy to play with. It’s soft and safe to throw around, making it a great alternative to traditional balls or plush toys.
- Use it as a pincushion: If you’re a crafter, a crochet apple amigurumi can make a cute and functional pincushion. Simply place your pins and needles in the stuffing and use the stem to keep them in place.
Overall, there are endless possibilities for using a crochet apple amigurumi. It’s a versatile and fun item that can be enjoyed in many different ways!
To sum things up, crocheting an apple amigurumi is a fun and creative project that can be enjoyed by both beginners and experienced crocheters alike.
With just a few basic supplies and some practice with basic crochet stitches, you can create a cute and customizable apple amigurumi that can be used in many different ways – from home decor to stress relief to a thoughtful gift for a friend.
So why not give it a try and see what kind of deliciously cute creations you can come up with!
Pin this for later