Are you looking to spice up your area with some crochet pillows? Well then look no further because i am about to show you how you can turn a whole room into a pinterest inspired home with a few of these easy crochet pillow case patterns. You will be shaking to get your hands on a crochet hook to make your first pillow.
In this article i have put together over 50 crochet pillows and pillow cases patterns to give your home or room that extra dash of WOW! And when the beauty is handmade, it makes the place feel and look more like home.
Buy me a coffee?
If you are loving this post so far, you can always get me a coffee to keep me going as a little way of support! You do not have to, but if you do a warm thank you!
Fun Crochet Pillows Patterns
The pillows that i plan to share come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, you can pick some for your children or for the couch,beds you name it!
You are probably wonderig if you will be able to find the right cushion shape for the pillow you are thinking of making, well, maybe not. But that is why we have Poly-Fil, crochet that pillow in any shape you loe, abd fill it in with some cotton! You have yourself a crochet pillow.
The best project that goes well with the pillows is a crochet blanket. So after you are done with your pillow, consider a blanket maybe?
Types Of Crochet Pillows
I will not pretend to know all the types of pillows there are, but i will be sure to mention enough to give you an idea of how you might want to use your crochet pillows around the house.
1. Bed Pillows
When it comes to bed pillows, there are so many typse shapes and sizes ranging from a standard size to a Euro size. These are simple pilows made or support or just to sleep on. If you are looking to make something like this, then you can easiy find a cushion at your nearest pillow store.
These are pillows that can also go on the bed, or couch. Their main purpose as the name suggests is to decorate the place. These pillows also come in handy for a little afternoon couch nap if you want.
I made one for my mother few years ago, it is now in my dads office supporting his back when he sits to work. It really does the trick.
Crocheting a pillow does not have o be a complicated prcess. It does not ask for too much, even though this might depend on the pattern you are using and the stitch you use.
So let’s dive into the supplies needed to crochet a pillow cover! Remember, these are affiliate links, so i make a little commission (10%) of what you spend should you choose to buy, this is all at no added cost to you. It does help keep the lights on!
Supplies To Make A Crochet Pillow
- Yarn– The yarn size will of course depend on the patten you are using. There are some patterns that will call for a DK weight yarn, Worsted weight, or even a Chunky yarn. Check out Marymaxim for some affordable yarn. If you are looking for an alternative, then Lion Brand has some good quality and afforable yarn too. As dooes Darn Good Yarn.
- Crochet Hooks- My all time go to are Furls for their beautiful ergonomin crochet hooks that allow you to have a relaxing hold. Besides that, they are orgeous. Check out their new crochet hooks
- Other Notations- You will also need a pair of sissors, some stitch markers, measuring tape, yarn needle and some accessories if the pattern calls for some. Theese could be buttons, or even a zip
25+ Crochet Pillow & Pillow Cases Pattern
1. Crochet Envelop Pillow
At the top of out list is this crochet envelop pillow. These are easy to keep clean and put on. No need to purchase buttons, or sew it close, it is like an envelop, you just slide on the pillow and it is intact and clean!
Learn how to crochet an envelop pillow case with Christacodesigns.
Pin this for later
2. Alpine Crochet Cushion Cover
Here is a little more complex crochet pattern. I would not reccomend this for the beginners to try Unless you already know how to crochet the alpine stitch! Alpine Crochet Cushion Cover by Crochet ‘n’ Create
3) Interlocking Crochet Cushion Cover by Blue Star Crochet
4) Crochet Happy Pillow by Loops and Love Crochet
5) Love Crochet Pillow Free Pattern by Jo to the World Creations
6) Black and White Striped Cushion Cover by Carroway Crochet
7) Crochet Clay Classy Pillow by The Crochet Crowd
8) Haylee Throw Pillow by EyeLoveKnots
9) Crafty Boho Pillow by A Crafty Concept
10) Alphabet Throw Pillow by EyeLoveKnots
11) Pond Creek Pillow by Banana Moon Studio
12) Herringbone Half Double Crochet Pillow by Grace & Yarn
13) Music Notes Crochet Throw Pillow Pattern by Jo to the World Creations
14) Crochet Woven Pillow by The Crochet Crowd
15) Baby Name Throw Pillow by Knitting with Chopsticks
16) Crochet Colourful Doily Pillow by Craftbits
17) Present Pillow by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts
18) Arabesque Decorative Pillow by Kirsten Holloway Designs
19) Square Pillow Cover by Cosy Rosie UK
20) Paw Print Pillow Cover by Jo to the World Creations
21) Granny Square Pillow by Raffamusa Designs
22) Mosaic Triangles Pillow by Loops and Love Crochet
23. Crochet Puff Flower Pillow
This puff flower pillow case is one of the cutest craft projects! Gather all your bright colored yarns or crochet threads and start making one!
Crochet Puff Flower Pillow by Craftbits
24. Throw Pillow Cover
This large throw pillow cover can be made to be put on your bed, floor, large chair or just to cuddle up to.
It’s an easy stitch pattern so even if you are a beginner crocheter you can give it a go, (impress your friends). Hope you enjoy!
Throw Pillow Cover by Crochet ‘n’ Create
25. NUTMEG PILLOW
Beige yarn and knit look stitches blend into the background, so you can be sure that this pillow won’t clash with your existing home decor. The pattern calls for single crochet and split single crochet stitches to mimic the sleek fabric of knitting. It’s an easy and repetitive project that’s perfect for crocheting in front of the tv.
Designer: Briana K Designs
26. FRINGE PARTY PILLOW
Go around and around with this tassel-tastic design. The pattern uses just one stitch: double crochet stitches in the back loops only. After you’re finished crocheting, the real fun begins as you adorn your new pillow with colorful tassels. It’s the perfect piece to add to a bohemian or eclectic decor scheme.
Designer: Red Heart Design Team
27. FAIR FOLKL PILLOW
Skip the squares and go big and bold with a long rectangular crochet pillow in a trendy mustard yellow color. The combination of filet crochet and bobble stitches is to die for. You get all the benefits of texture plus the lovely look of lace. It’s a match made in heaven! Don’t blame me if all your friends want one too.
Designer: Leah Gordon for WeCrochet
28. OCTAGON BOBBLE PILLOW
Take a trip to texture town with this eye-popping octagon bobble pillow. This pattern calls for single, half double, and double crochet stitches along with, yep – you guessed it, bobble stitches. It’s the perfect mix of modern and playful. Plus, it looks like it would be seriously comfy to cuddle with!
Designer: Doris and Lotte
Now What? Crochet Pillow Free pattern
Did you think this was helpful?
Pin this post: Save this tutorial to your Pinterest boards so that you can come back to it later.
Leave a comment: We love to hear your feedback. Tell me in the comments below!
Share on Instagram or Facebook: When you make this project, share it on social media and tag me,We love to see what you make!