The best part of crocheting this gifting season, is making those crochet Christmas sweaters. Nothing sets the mood for Christmas like a hand made sweater.
In this article, i will share with you some of the best and easy crochet Christmas sweaters that can be worn by both men and women. And the best part is, they can be made in multiple sizes.
Get crochet patterns for $1.50 on Ribblr. These patterns comprise of sweaters, cardigans, baby crochet patterns, bags etc…
Easy Crochet Christmas Sweater Patterns
I live in African, so that means it is sooo hot in December, and a Christmas sweater does not make sense. But that did not stop me from sharing these beautiful crochet Christmas sweater patterns by talented designers.
Best Yarn For Christmas Sweaters
As you know Christmas falls in the winter, when making a sweater, you want to go for a yarn that is warm and lasting. A worsted weight yarn is the best yarn to work with when making a crochet sweater.
Mary Maxim has some of my favourite yarns.
Tips To Crocheting A Holidays Sweater
If you are fairly new to crocheting sweaters, then you want to be mindful of a few things. A crochet sweater can be a good crochet project for a beginner, it leaves you feeling proud. But, before you give a crochet christmas sweater an attempt, here are a few things you want to be mindful of:
- Level of the crochet sweater pattern– You want to focus on the level of the pattern. If it says beginner, then be sure to give it a go. If the sweater pattern comes with a video tutorial, then be sure to make use of it. If you are a visual learner like me.
- Materials used- Thicker yarn (category 4) is eaier to work with as it is easier fo you to see your stitches. If the pattern calls for category 4 or 5/6 yarn then go for it. It works up faster and it is easier for you to spot your stitches.
- Construction- Be usre to work with patterns that use simple and basic constructions. Like squares, instead of complicated pattern constructions
Crochet Christmas Sweaters Free Pattern
1. Johanna Christmas Sweater Pattern
A crocheted christmas sweater in C2C-pattern. The sweater is worked in Soft Alpaca and Kid Silk which make the sweater incredibly soft and warm.
The sweater is worked in double thread on hook size H/8 (5 mm) and can be made in sizes S (M) L. The pattern includes a guide on how to work C2C and a chart of the pattern.
When your christmas sweater is done you can decorate it as you like. Crochet a pretty star or decorate it with pompoms and jingle bells….Read More
2. Holiday Sweater
This Holiday Sweater is the classic type of sweater to wear it during winter holidays. The combination of red and white and the “fair isle” pattern on the yoke is getting you there for sure.
It’s true that most beautiful Fair Isle sweater are knitted, but if you are not a knitter and you still want this kind of sweater, this is for you….Read more
3. Reindeer Christmas Sweater
Last year I saw some amazing sweaters which made use of an app to create digital effects. This immediately inspired me to make a digital crochet sweater. Of course I can also just buy a sweater, but the more handmade, the better…..Read more
4. Alpaca My Holiday Sweater Free Pattern
I don’t think you have ever seen someone so happy to wear a crochet christmas sweater like this lovely lady here
5. Crochet Christmas Sweater Free Pattern
Here is a simple crochet raglan christmas sweater you can try for the holidays in multiple sizes.
6. Crochet Christmas Sweater Free Pattern
I love the snow man on this christmas sweater, find the Free Pattern HERE
7. Mod Christmas Sweater Free Pattern
Find the free crochet pattern HERE
8. Christmas Crochet Sweater Free Pattern
Find the free crochet pattern HERE
And that is all folks! I do hope you enjoyed this list of 8 Crochet Christmas Sweaters and maybe made one or two. Be use to comment which one you liked.
Recent Crochet Patterns You Might Like
- Toddler Crochet Raglan Sweater Free Pattern: 0-24 Months
- Crochet Baby Sweater Free Pattern: 0-24 Months
- Beginners Crochet Shawl Free Patterm
- 10 Fun Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Festive Crochet Christmas Pillow Pattern
Pin this post on pinterest.
Be sure to share this post with some other cat lovers that you know will definitely love this post.
I will be making myself a few crochet cat beanies to gift to friends and family! Because they do make the perfect crochet gift.