If you have been looking to learn how to crochet a granny square then you stopped at the right site. Even though crochet granny squares look complicated, they’re actually quite easy to make!
In this tutorial, I’ll share my easy-to-learn granny square pattern that’s perfect for you, the confident beginner. I have a YouTube Video tutorial incase you are a visual learner like myself.
When it comes to crochet granny squares, the are just so easy and fun to crochet. In fact, the beginner crochet granny square is a great beginner crochet pattern to try, even if you are new to crochet.
The crochet pattern is easy to follow, and will get you started on your first granny square project in no time!
Once you master the basic granny square technique, you’ll be able to make all kinds of cozy creations: granny square blankets, crochet granny square sweaters, bags, or more!
Grab your crochet hook, and let’s get starting crocheting! Keep reading for the full tutorial. And make sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for a free, printable written pattern.
How do you crochet a granny square?
To make a crochet granny square, it means you will e working in a square, so the basic way to crochet a granny square is as follows:
- Make a magic ring or chain 5- A magic ring is the easiest way to start a crochet granny square, however, a crochet magic ring can be very intimidating to make, so a chain of 5 and the slip stitching into the first chain to form a circle is the easier alternative.
- Then, it is followed by working either single crochets or double crochets, this will depend on the type of crochet granny square you are making.
- Follow up by adding more rows to the crochet granny square till you have the desired size as the pattern insists.
Supplies For A Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
In order to work your crochet granny square cardigan peacefully, there will be need for certain materials.
- Worsted weight yarn
- Crochet hooks
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
Best Yarn For A Crochet Granny Square Cardigan
Considering that the crochet granny squares will be worn, it is best to pick a yarn that will still look its best after many washes. Below us a list of my favourite yarn to work with
- Lion brand Colour Theory Yarn– This yarn is affordable, 100% acrylic and can be machine washed and dried. Great yarn for crochet wearable.
- Lion brand Pound Of Love Yarn– Another great yarn for crochet wearable, 100% acrylic, and can be machine washed and dried.
- Mary Maxim Maximum Value– A great yarn to crochet garments with.
Projects To Make With Granny Squares
gfdgdsdfg fghsfghfgh sfgsfhdf hfsfghsf fsfbsg