Crochet hanging baskets are a fun and versatile way to add a touch of handmade charm to any room in your home. Whether you’re looking for a practical storage solution for your knitting supplies or a stylish way to display your favourite houseplants, crochet hanging baskets offer an easy and creative way to get the job done.
Not only are crochet hanging baskets functional, but they’re also a great way to explore your creativity and improve your crochet skills. With a wide range of designs and patterns available, you can easily customise your crochet hanging baskets to match your personal style and décor.
Easy Wall hanging crochet baskets
In this article, we’ll explore the world of crochet hanging baskets, from the basics of crochet stitches to more advanced techniques for creating beautiful and functional designs.
We’ll cover everything you need to know to get started with this fun and rewarding craft, and provide you with plenty of inspiration and ideas to keep you hooked. So whether you’re a seasoned crochet pro or just starting out, let’s dive in and explore the world of crochet hanging baskets together!
Supplies to crochet a wall hanging basket
Crochet wall hanging baskets are a great way to add a decorative and functional touch to your home. They can be used to store a variety of items, from plants to small accessories, and can be made in a variety of sizes and colors to fit your style.
If you’re interested in making your own crochet wall hanging basket, there are a few supplies that you’ll need to get started.
The first supply you’ll need is yarn. When choosing yarn for a crochet wall hanging basket, it’s important to choose a yarn that is durable and can hold its shape well. Cotton yarn is a great option for wall hanging baskets as it is sturdy and easy to care for. You can choose any color of yarn that you like, but neutral colors such as white, beige, or gray are great options as they will match with any decor.
SALE! $3.99 a ball
Good quality that saves the penny!
Knitting needles hook
Choose the appropriate size of circular needles or double-pointed needles for the yarn you have chosen and the gauge of the pattern you are using. The length of the circular needles should be at least as long as the width of your gloves.
Stitch markers – Use stitch markers to mark the beginning of your rounds and any stitch pattern repeats.
Tape measure – Use a tape measure to check your gauge and measure your progress as you knit.
Scissors – You will need scissors to cut your yarn and weave in any loose ends.
Yay or Nay
Darning needle – Use a darning needle to weave in any loose ends and to sew any seams if needed.
Blocking materials – You may want to block your finished gloves to help it maintain its shape. You can use a blocking mat or towels, and pins or blocking wires to hold the gloves in place while it dries.
These supplies are the basics you will need to get started knitting gloves. You may also need additional supplies, such as buttons or clasps, depending on the pattern you choose.
Tips to knit the perfect gloves
- Choose the right yarn – The right yarn can make all the difference when knitting gloves. Look for a soft, stretchy yarn that will be comfortable to wear, such as cotton or bamboo. Avoid yarns that are too heavy or scratchy, as they can be uncomfortable.
- Gauge matters – Make sure you are knitting at the correct gauge for the pattern you are using. Check your gauge before starting your project, and adjust your needle size as needed to achieve the correct gauge. A gauge that is too tight can result in gloves that are too small, while a gauge that is too loose can result in gloves that are too large.
- Choose the right pattern – There are many different patterns available for knitting gloves, so choose one that matches your skill level and the style you are looking for. Some patterns are simple and easy to follow, while others may be more complex with lace or cable details.
- Consider shaping – Shaping can help ensure that your glove fits well and stays in place.
- Try it on – As you knit, try on the gloves periodically to ensure that it fits well and is the correct length. You may need to make adjustments as you go to achieve the perfect fit.
- Finishing is important – Once you have completed the knitting portion of your gloves, take the time to finish it properly. Weave in all loose ends, block the gloves to ensure that it maintains its shape, and add any additional details such as straps or closures.
By following these tips, you can knit perfect gloves that are comfortable, stylish, and fits well. Remember to choose the right yarn, pattern, and gauge, consider shaping, and take the time to finish your gloves properly.
With a little patience and practice, you can create a beautiful knit glove that you will love to wear
8 Knit gloves free patterns
The next supply you’ll need is a crochet hook. The size of the hook will depend on the thickness of your yarn. The thicker the yarn, the larger the hook you’ll need. For a wall hanging basket made with worsted weight cotton yarn, a 5.5mm or 6mm crochet hook would work well.
You could never have enough hooks;)
You’ll also need a good pair of scissors to cut your yarn as you work.
Yay or Nay
A tapestry needle is a large, blunt needle that is used to weave in the ends of your yarn once you’ve finished your project. It can also be used to sew the sides of your basket together if you choose to do so.
Stitch Markers: Stitch markers are small, removable markers that can be placed in your work to mark specific points in your pattern. They are especially useful when working in the round, as it can be difficult to keep track of where your round begins and ends.
Measuring Tape: Lastly, a measuring tape will come in handy to ensure that your wall hanging basket is the size that you want it to be. It’s important to measure your work as you go to make sure that it stays on track.
With these supplies, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and functional crochet wall hanging basket that will add a special touch to any room in your home.
- Easy Wall hanging crochet baskets
- Supplies to crochet a wall hanging basket
- How to use a crochet hanging basket
- Stitches & Techniques needed to crochet a hanging basket
- Can a beginner crochet a hanging basket?
- Easy Crochet Hanging Basket Patterns
- 1. Crochet wall hanging for plants
- 2. Bramble hanging basket crochet pattern
- 3. Hanging basket Pattern
- 4. Crochet haning basket pattern bundle
- 5. Easy crochet free basket hanging patterns
- 6. Crochet hanging basket pattern
- 7. Boho book nook crochet pattern
- 8. Crochet dewdrop hanging basket
- 9. Crochet hanging basket pattern
How to use a crochet hanging basket
Crochet hanging baskets are a versatile home decor item that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas on how to use your crochet hanging basket:
- Plant Holder: One of the most popular ways to use a crochet hanging basket is as a plant holder. You can hang your basket near a window or on a wall and fill it with a potted plant or a small succulent. This is a great way to add a touch of greenery to your home without taking up any floor space.
- Storage: Wall hanging baskets can also be used as storage for small items like keys, sunglasses, or your phone. Hang your basket near your front door or in your bedroom for easy access to your everyday essentials.
- Bathroom Organiser: Another way to use a crochet hanging basket is as a bathroom organiser. You can hang your basket near your sink and fill it with hand towels, soap, and other bathroom essentials. This is a great way to keep your bathroom organised and add a touch of handmade decor.
- Kitchen Organiser: A crochet hanging basket can also be used in the kitchen to hold items like fresh fruits, vegetables, or herbs. Hang your basket near a window or on a wall and fill it with your favourite produce for a functional and beautiful display.
No matter how you choose to use your crochet wall hanging basket, it’s sure to add a unique and charming touch to your home decor. Get creative and experiment with different uses for your basket to find the perfect spot in your home.
Stitches & Techniques needed to crochet a hanging basket
When crocheting a hanging basket, there are a few stitches and techniques that you’ll need to know. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Single Crochet (SC): The single crochet stitch is the most basic crochet stitch and is used in most crochet projects. It involves inserting your hook into the stitch, yarn over, pull through, yarn over again, and pull through both loops on the hook.
- Double Crochet (DC): The double crochet stitch is another basic stitch that is often used in crochet projects. It involves yarn over, insert your hook into the stitch, yarn over again, pull through, yarn over again, and pull through two loops on the hook, yarn over again, and pull through the remaining two loops.
- Magic Ring: The magic ring technique is used to create a starting loop for a crochet project that will close up tightly. To make a magic ring, you’ll need to wrap the yarn around your fingers, insert your hook into the loop, and then pull up a loop of yarn to begin crocheting.
- Increase: An increase is used to add stitches to your project and make it larger. To increase, you’ll work two stitches into the same stitch or space.
- Decrease: A decrease is used to remove stitches from your project and make it smaller. To decrease, you’ll work two stitches together as one.
- Slip Stitch (SS): The slip stitch is used to join rounds or finish off a project. To work a slip stitch, insert your hook into the designated stitch, yarn over, and pull through both loops on the hook.
When crocheting a hanging basket, you’ll typically work in the round and use a combination of single crochet, double crochet, and increases and decreases to create the desired shape. You’ll also need to work in the back loops only (BLO) or front loops only (FLO) to create texture and structure.
Once you’ve completed the body of the basket, you can add a loop or chain to the top to hang the basket from a hook or nail. You can also choose to add handles or embellishments to personalise your basket.
By using these stitches and techniques, you can create a beautiful and functional crochet wall hanging basket that will add a special touch to your home decor.
Can a beginner crochet a hanging basket?
Yes, a beginner can crochet a hanging basket! While crochet may seem intimidating at first, it’s a skill that anyone can learn with practice and patience. A hanging basket is actually a great beginner project, as it’s typically worked in the round using basic stitches like single crochet and double crochet.
If you’re new to crochet, you may want to start with a smaller wall hanging basket and work your way up to larger projects. You can also find many free patterns online that are specifically designed for beginners. These patterns often include step-by-step instructions and clear photos to guide you through the process.
Keep your hooks organised!
Not only stylish but useful!
When starting your project, it’s important to choose the right type of yarn and hook for your skill level. A worsted weight yarn and a medium-sized hook are good options for beginners. You may also want to choose a light-colored yarn, as it can be easier to see your stitches.
As you work on your basket, take your time and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Crochet is a forgiving craft, and it’s easy to unravel your work and start over if you need to. And remember, practice makes perfect! The more you crochet, the more comfortable you’ll become with the stitches and techniques.
Grab all yarn weights for your crochet project!
With a little practice and patience, you’ll soon be crocheting beautiful hanging baskets to decorate your home or give as gifts. Don’t be discouraged if your first attempts aren’t perfect – every crocheter starts somewhere, and the joy of the craft is in the process of creating something beautiful with your own two hands.
Easy Crochet Hanging Basket Patterns
1. Crochet wall hanging for plants
As you can see in the picture, you do not only hang plants in the crochet hanging baskets, it serves as a great yarn storage. If you did not know what to do with your yarn stash, well you know how to organise it. Read more…
2. Bramble hanging basket crochet pattern
Simple and modern, this crochet hanging basket pattern will give your home a classy look while keeping your supplies well organised. Read more..
3. Hanging basket Pattern
This does not use regular yarn, the pattern will instruct on the yarn you are to use in order to achieve this crochet hanging basket. As the yarn used is stronger and thicker than regular crochet yarn, you can hang heavier supplies. If you were looking for such a pattern,, then this might just be the one for you. Read more…
4. Crochet haning basket pattern bundle
When i hear pattern bundles a light bulb goes on in my head! They are just so convenient and you save a lot of more. This crochet hnging basket should not be overlooked.
Gran a 2 in 1 crochet hanging basket pattern HERE
5. Easy crochet free basket hanging patterns
If you are a lover of fruits and are looking for ways to keep them, well then this is one way! This pattern is in form of a video tutorial, so if you are a visual learner then this one here is the one for you. Watch the tutorial HERE.
6. Crochet hanging basket pattern
Another great make for the kitchen if you want. Makes a lovely organiser. Can be for the bathroom too, the option is really all yours. Read more…
7. Boho book nook crochet pattern
If you are a lover of books and would like to have a handmade home for your books, then consider crocheting this book nook. This just like the crochet hanging basket can hold a few of your personal items. If you want to leave your book hanging, then this unlike the crochet book sleeve, will be the perfect pattern for that.
8. Crochet dewdrop hanging basket
Looking fro something for your bathroom? Well then this is the one. Store your towels in this dewdrop hanging basket. Read more…
9. Crochet hanging basket pattern
Finally, we have this easy yarn storing crochet hanging basket pattern. It will not store a lot of yarn, but it will sure keep away from busy little fingers and paws. Read more…
Crochet hanging baskets are a fun and versatile way to add a touch of handmade decor to your home. With a few basic stitches and techniques, even a beginner can create a beautiful and functional basket that can be used for a variety of purposes, from plant holders to bathroom organizers.
By choosing the right yarn and hook for your skill level and taking your time with your project, you’ll be on your way to creating a beautiful crochet wall hanging basket in no time.
And remember, the best part of crochet is the process of creating something unique and handmade, so enjoy the journey and have fun!