Crocheting, like these crochet monkey patterns, is a delightful craft that allows you to bring imagination to life, and what better way to showcase your skills than by creating an adorable crochet monkey?
Whether you’re a seasoned crochet enthusiast or just starting out, this free crochet monkey pattern is perfect for all skill levels. In this article, we’ll explore the joy of crocheting monkeys, provide you with a step-by-step guide to creating your own crochet monkey, and share a fantastic free crochet pattern for a lovable and huggable monkey companion.
Crochet Monkey Pattern
Crocheting a monkey can be a rewarding and enjoyable project. With just a few basic crochet stitches and some fluffy yarn, you’ll be able to create a cute and cuddly friend that will bring a smile to anyone’s face.
Materials used to crochet monkey amigurumis
To crochet a monkey, you will need the basic supplies which are :
- Yarn– Some patterns will call for a worsted weight yarn, while others a DK weight yarn and in some cases, a plush yarn.
- crochet hooks– you will need to have the pattern recommended crochet hook size
- stuffing– you will need poly-fil if you do not have any
- Stitch marker– you will definitely need this
- Safety eyes– To give your crochet monkey a life like appearance, add some safety eyes.
How to crochet monkey amigurumis
For the absolute beginners who have an interest with crochet amigurumis, you might be wondering how you are going to achieve the cute cheeky crochet monkey amigurumi toy.
The process is like any other where you will start with the head of any part of your amigurumi body then connect them all and add some features at the end. I personally struggle with connecting crochet amigurumi parts so i prefer working them together as i go like this crochet teddy bear.
Tips to crochet monkey amigurumi
Crocheting monkey amigurumi can be a fun and rewarding project. To help you create a lovable and charming monkey, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose the Right Yarn: Opt for a soft and durable yarn suitable for amigurumi projects. Worsted weight yarn is a popular choice as it provides a good balance between size and detailing.
- Use the Right Hook Size: Select a crochet hook size that works well with your chosen yarn. This ensures that your stitches are tight enough to hold the stuffing and create a firm amigurumi structure. Refer to the yarn label for hook size recommendations.
- Gauge Matters: Pay attention to your tension and gauge. Consistent tension throughout your project helps maintain an even and professional finish. If your stitches are too loose, consider using a smaller hook, or a larger hook if they are too tight.
- Stitch Markers: Place stitch markers to keep track of your rounds, especially when increasing or decreasing. This helps you maintain the shape of the amigurumi and ensures that the parts are sewn together correctly.
- Stuffing: Stuff your amigurumi firmly to give it a plump and cuddly appearance. Use small amounts of stuffing at a time and distribute it evenly to avoid lumps or empty spaces. Pay extra attention to the head, arms, and legs.
- Safety Eyes or Embroidery: Choose between safety eyes or embroidering the eyes. Safety eyes are quick and easy to attach, giving a polished look to your amigurumi. Alternatively, you can embroider the eyes using black thread or yarn to create a more customized and expressive look.
- Embellishments: Get creative with embellishments to add character and personality to your monkey. Consider adding details like eyebrows, a smile, a belly button, or even accessories like a tiny hat or a bowtie. Small details can make a big difference.
- Seamless Crocheting: When possible, crochet in continuous rounds instead of joining each round. This helps avoid visible seams and gives your amigurumi a neater appearance. Use a stitch marker to mark the first stitch of each round.
- Practice Shaping Techniques: Master basic shaping techniques like increasing and decreasing stitches. These techniques are crucial for giving your amigurumi the desired shape and form, whether it’s for the body, head, arms, or legs.
- Have Fun with Colours: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colour combinations. Monkeys can be created in a variety of colours, so let your creativity shine and choose colours that bring your amigurumi monkey to life.
Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t be discouraged if your first attempt doesn’t turn out exactly as you envisioned. Enjoy the process of crocheting and let your monkey amigurumi come to life with your own unique touch and style.
Crochet Monkey Paid & Free Patterns
Go through the list and pick the pattern that fits your interest and level.
1. Crochet Monkey Amigurumi Free Pattern
Grab the free crochet pattern HERE.
2. Naughty Monkey Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
Go for the free crochet monkey pattern HERE.
3. Amigurumi Monkey crochet pattern
For the free crochet monkey pattern, head HERE.
4. Crochet pattern monkey amigurumi
Grab the crochet monkey pattern HERE.
5. Martin the Crochet Monkey Pattern
For the paid pattern, head HERE.
6. Crochet Monkey Plush
Grab the crochet pattern HERE.
7. Crochet Monkey Pattern
For the paid monkey crochet pattern head HERE.
8. Monkey In The Hood Crochet Pattern
Grab the paid pattern HERE.
9. Pierre The Monkey Crochet Pattern
Grab the paid crochet pattern HERE.
10. Chunky Monkey Crochet Pattern
Grab the crochet monkey pattern HERE.
And that is all the crochet monkey patterns i had for you! If you found a pattern you loved, then go for it! And let us know which pattern you settled for.