Looking for a new fun crochet amigurumi project? Well then look no further. In this article, i have collected a few crochet donkey patterns that are just too cute to resist. Make some for you and your kids!
Donkey crochet pattern
I have always been fascinated by donkeys. Small but strong animals even though i will not get near one to save a life! So sharing these donkey crochet patterns is as close as i am gonna get!
Been thinking about gifting someone a handmade amigurumi toy? They try your hand with these crocheted donkey patterns. You will love them and the ones you make them for will definitely love them too!
Supplies for a donkey amigurumi
Not all the patterns will call for the same materials, however, when it comes to crocheting amigurumis, a few things will remain the same. This donkey pattern calls for the following supplies. Remember they are affiliate links, so your purchase helps me out a lot!
- Worsted weight yarn in whatever colour you want your donkey is to be
- Crochet hook size H (5mm)
- Polyester stuffing
- Black embroidery floss
- Yarn needle
- amigurumi eyes
Be sure to read the crochet pattern properly to know that you are not leaving out any essential supplies it might ask for to complete your donkey crochet pattern.
Crochet Skills & Techniques to crochet a donkey
Crochet techniques to know for making an owl
To crochet your donkey pattern, you’ll need to know a few basic crochet techniques. Here are the ones you’ll need for this project:
- Chain stitch (ch): This is the basic building block of crochet. To make a chain stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook and pull the hook through the loop already on the hook. Repeat this process to create a chain.
- Single crochet (sc): To make a single crochet, insert the hook into the next stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook, pull the hook back through the stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook again, and pull the hook through both loops on the hook.
- Increasing: To increase the number of stitches, simply add an extra single crochet stitch into the same stitch. This will increase the width of your piece.
- Decreasing: To decrease the number of stitches, work two single crochet stitches together. This will decrease the width of your piece.
- Weaving in ends: This is the process of weaving in the tails from the starting and ending points of your work to secure them and prevent unraveling.
By mastering these basic crochet techniques, you’ll be well on your way to creating a cute and cuddly crochet donkey.
10 Donkey Free Crochet Patterns
1. Amigurumi donket pattern
This adorable donkey crochet pattern is just too cute to resist. Happy cute and realistic, it will be treasured for a while! Read more…
2. Cute donkey amigurumi pattern
One of the cutest crochet donkey pattern on the internet and it could be yours! Grab the free crochet pattern.
3. Crochet donkey pattern
This cute clumsy donkey crochet pattern is a must have. With it’s pink bow, it is just adorable. Find the free crochet pattern HERE.
4. Amigurumi cute donkey pattern
This donkey pattern is just reminding me of Jesus time. I just love it! Grab the free crochet donkey pattern.
5. Amigurumi donkey pattern
Love this crochet donkey? Me too. Check out the free crochet donkey pattern right HERE
6. Crochet donkey
When i search for a crochet donkey, i found a horse too. Enjoy this 2 in 1 crochet pattern for free HERE
7. Crochet Donkey Pattern
Love this crochet horse pattern? You can grab it for free and make someone happy with this cuddly fun crochet toy. Get the pattern HERE
8. Cute donkey crochet pattern
Love this adorable crochet donkey pattern? Me too! There is a free pattern for it HERE. You can make this tiny horse into a keychain too!
9. Cute donkey amigurumi pattern
I do not think i have seen anything cuter than a donkey in overalls. How adorable? The free donkey crochet pattern can be found HERE.
10. Perki the Donkey amigurumi crochet pattern
Perki the donkey is a free pattern on Ravelry which i just know you will love without a doubt. Get the pattern
Found the crochet donkey pattern for you? I hope so. If not then maybe these crochet amigurumi patterns will make you happy.