If you are one who loves to read and organise your books and papers well, then you are gonna love this crochet book sleeve pattern. Get yourself organised and keep your tablets and laptops safe with these crochet sleeve patterns.
We have collected a few of our favourite crochet book sleeve patterns which can also be converted to crochet laptop or tablet patterns. The choice is really yours!
How to crochet a book sleeve
The construction will differ based on the pattern you decide to use. But the construction will almost be the same. Again, it might differ if the pattern decides to use a different crochet stitch.
You will begin by making a chain the width of your book, you will then work up the length of the book, maybe in circles or the front and back sides will be worked separately.
You will then end by connecting the pieces together, or closing the crochet sleeve and adding the button, if yours calls for one. If you crochet the cover too then add that on and weave in the ends and your crochet book sleeve pattern is all done!
Crochet stitches to make a book sleeve
The most common stitch used to crochet a book sleeve is the single crochet. In some patterns you might come across the half double crochet while others are accommodating the shell stitch. You can use any stitch you want, but if i was to pick one, the single crochet it is!
Crochet book sleeve materials
This pattern can easily be a scrap yarn project, but if you need to catch up on your crochet supplies, then Most patterns suggest using cotton yarn in either a DK or worsted weight. Cotton yarn is easy for beginners to use, and gives your projects great stitch definition, too!
Don’t have cotton? Not a problem. You can use worsted-weight acrylic too.
When in search for crochet hooks, if you care for beauty and comfort, then Furls is your go to place. They have a variety of beautiful ergonomic crochet hooks you will definitely love!
Tips to crocheting a book sleeve
If this is your first time crocheting a book/ laptop sleeve, then just keep look out for a few things as you go.
- Read through the pattern– Before you begin crocheting, be sure to read the whole pattern to catch any new crochet stitches or tricks you might need to learn before hand
- Make a gauge swatch– Never leave out the gauge swatch! Always follow the gauge the pattern gives if you want the final piece to look exactly like tat of the picture. If your gauge is different from the pattern, you can go up or down a hook size or change the yarn weight.
- Have access to all the materials– Be sure to have access to all the materials that the crochet pattern is asking for.
- Only change thing when you are sure– It is not a must that your crochet project should look 100% exactly like the pictures, you can play around with some yarn colour or a few other things but only do this when you are sure of what you are doing
Recent articles you might like
- Crochet Mushroom Purse Pattern
- Crochet Toad Amigurumi Patterns
- Crochet Christmas Tree Skirt Pattern
- 10 Teddy Bear Knitting Pattern
1. Crochet Cozy Book Cover
If you are looking for something simple and minimal to make, then this cozy crochet book cover will be the one for you. This is a free crochet booksleeve pattern by Brena ann handmade
2. Sweet Stripes book sleeve pattern
If you are one for some colour in your crochet work, then this crochet colourful stripe book sleeve will win your heart Keep your books nice and cozy in this sweet stripe book and tablet sleeve pattern
3. Free crochet pattern – journal cover
4. Crochet laptop sleeve pattern
This any size laptop sleeve can be adjusted to a crochet book sleeve sized pattern. Made with a button to close, you will love storing your laptop in this book sleeve pattern
5. Simple chunky book sleeve crochet pattern
as much as this is a fast crochet project, you can make it faster by using a chunky yarn. Make this crochet book sleeve using a chunky yarn and be done in no time!
6. The megan book sleeve pattern
Another simple button crochet book sleeve pattern. This is a free crochet pattern on Ribblr where you get to work your crochet pattern while keeping track at the same time.
7. Margie book & Bile cover Pattern
This is not a free crochet pattern. It is another crochet interactive pattern on Ribblr. For $3.50, you can get yourself this crochet book sleeve pattern
8. Book sleeve pattern
finally, we have this free crochet book sleeve pattern that is fast to work up and holds two beautiful flower buttons.