If you are a lover of cardigans, granny square and colours, then i think i have got the perfect project for you. This crochet patchwork cardigan pattern list will sure be the list you have been looking for.
I have put together 10 patchwork cardigan crochet patterns for your choosing. Be sure to let us know which cardigan stole your heart. I am pretty sure they all will.
Keep track of your crochet projects with this log book.
How to crochet patchwork cardigan
If you know how to crochet some basic stitches and connect pieces together, then this crochet patchwork cardigan pattern is gonna be just simple for you.
Follow the following steps to learn how to crochet a patchwork cardigan:
- Crochet patches– Crochet patches the size you want. If you wants your patches on the larger size, then you will have a few, if you want them smaller, then you will make a few. This all depends on the size of the patchwork cardigan you are making!
- Connect them – You lay them flat on the ground and connect the patches in the way they would be on the actual cardigan then sew them together neatly.
- Add collar & bands– Crochet around the collar and the arms not forgetting the bottom band to make it look like an atual crochet cardigan
- Weave in the ends– To end everything, weave in the ends to make your crochet cardigan look nice and neaat!
Supplies for a patchwork cardigan crochet pattern
Best Yarn For Crochet Cardigans
When it comes to crocheting a garmnet, worsted weight yarn is the best, however, in some cases, a DK weight yarn is used. Mary Maxim has a lovely collectionof DK weight yarn you an pick from.
You do not have to purchase this linked yarn, if you have some DK weight yarn stashed somewhere, you have found the project for it!
You do not have to purchase this linked yarn, if you have some DK weight yarn stashed somewhere, you have found the project for it! worsted weight. Cotton yarn is easy for beginners to use, and gives your projects great stitch definition, too!
To crochet a patchwork cardigan, you will need to have the following supplies at your disposal:
- Yarn– You will need multiple colour yarn for this cardigan or one depending on the pattern you chose.
- 5.0mm crochet hook– To crochet the granny squares
- 4.0mm crochet hoook– To crochet the cardigan bands
- Scissors– I have never used the scissors for one crochet project before, except when i was crochet the mosaic blanket
- yarn needle– to connect all the granny squares.
Tips to crocheting a patchwork cardigan
If this is your first time crocheting a patchwork cardigan, then just keep look out for a few things as you go.
- Read through the pattern– Before you begin crocheting, be sure to read the whole pattern to catch any new crochet stitches or tricks you might need to learn before hand
- Make a gauge swatch– Never leave out the gauge swatch! Always follow the gauge the pattern gives if you want the final piece to look exactly like tat of the picture. If your gauge is different from the pattern, you can go up or down a hook size or change the yarn weight.
- Have access to all the materials– Be sure to have access to all the materials that the crochet pattern is asking for.
- Only change thing when you are sure– It is not a must that your crochet project should look 100% exactly like the pictures, you can play around with some yarn colour or a few other things but only do this when you are sure of what you are doing.
1. Crochet iconic patchwork cardigan
If you love colour and texture, then this crochet patchwork cardigan is the one for you! Make a few patches and you have yourself a crochet cardigan. This cardigan will be loved. And from my finding, crochet patch work cardigans work up super fast!
Pattern was designed by Selina
2. Caron Yoked Cardigan
3. Crochet Harrystyles cardigan
A patchwork crochet cardigan wish a V-front. You will definitely love this. It is a simple scrap yarn crochet project too. Make a few patches and you are good to go!
The pattern is by Zeens and Roger.
4. Crochet daisy granny square cardigan
When we talk of crochet patchwork cardigans, we cannot leave out this crochet daisy granny square cardigan by us! I never thought granny squares were such a fun crochet project! But after i made this one, i realised it was such a therapeutic project.
5. Chenda DIY crochet patchwork cardigan
If you are a fun of YouTube crochet tutorials, then you must have heard of Chenda DIY, she has lovely crochet tutorials, and one of them is this crochet patchwork cardigan. For my visual learners, be sure to check this one out.
6. Crochet Patchwork cardigan free pattern
the link here for FREE crochet pattern: Patchwork Party Cardi by Jess Coppom
7. Easy Crochet Patchwork Cardigan
Click the link here for FREE crochet pattern: Patchwork Cardigan by elviona halim
8. This or that crochet patchwork cardigan
I could not resist sharing this crochet patchwork cardigan. It is a paid PDF pattern, and i would have loved to keep this whole article full of free crochet patterns.
9. Iconic Crochet Patchwork Cardigan Pattern
Get the free crochet pattern to the JW Anderson inspired crochet pacthwork cardigan pattern
10. Crochet Patchwork Winter Cardigan Patern
That is all the crochet cardigans i had for you today, be sure to let us know which one you chose!