Looking to make a new home for you crochet supplies? Make a simple crochet hook case! In this article we share a few DIY hook crochet cases that should give your crochet supplies a safe home.
Easy Crochet Supply Case
When i purchased my crochet hook case, it came as a whole set with a bag. But the stitch markers and yarn needles were put in a temporal case. So when i opened them, they did not have a home anymore.
I started losing stitch markers and yarn needles. It as hell. So i decided to share with you these easy crochet hook cases patterns. To make your life easier!
Best Yarn for Hook Case Crochet Pattern
If you are looking for an easy quick make, then medium weight yarn or category 4 weight yarn is the place to go, you could never go wring with a worsted weight yarn.
How to crochet a hook case
If you are slightly new to crocheting and are wondering what the crochet hook case construction looks like, then i will walk you through it.
I made a crochet purse bag pattern a few months ago, the construction i made with it is almost excatly as the crochet hook case pattern follows.
You will most likely be using the single crochet to make the hook cases crochet pattern unleses the designer decided to be a little different.
But if you are looking for something more secure, then the single crochet stitch is best for a crochet hook case!
Can i crochet a hook case as a beginner?
Absolutely! The crochet hook case is primarily made up of one solid single crochet block which we then fold and sew to make the pockets and hook homes!
You will only need your scissors, yarn needle, hook and yarn to make this crochet hook case! It really i a no brainer!
Tips to making your hook case
If you do not have much experience with crochet projects, then you will find the following tips useful to get you started on your project.
- Use the right materials: Use a worsted weight yarn in the colours of your choice. Choose a crochet hook that is the right size for your yarn and a tapestry needle to weave in the ends.
- Pay attention to the details: The hook case is made of multiple other compartments inside of it. This will depend on the pattern you decide to use, but it is best to pay attention too details.
- Use stitch markers: Mark the beginning of each round to help you keep track of your stitch count. This is especially helpful when you are a beginner and the parttern has a lot of compartments.
- Don’t cut the tails too short: Leave a long tail when fastening off each part. This will make it easier to sew the parts together and make a stronger, more durable stitch.
- Take your time: Crocheting a hook case can be time-consuming, so don’t feel rushed. Take your time and enjoy the process, and your finished hook case will be all the more special because of it.
- Experiment with colour: You don’t have to stick to traditional solid colours like. Feel free to get creative and choose colours that you love.
Easy Crochet Hook Cases Patterns
Go through this lovely list of hook cases crochet patterns and let me know which one stole your heart. A few took mine!
1. Easy Crochet Hook Case
I personally love this crochet hook case because of its simplicity. It has pockets inside secured enough to hold some stitch markers, yarn needles and other crochet supplies.
Grab the free crochet pattern f this hook case HERE
2. Checker-ed Crochet Hook Case
If you love simplicity and checker patterns, then this crochet hook case pattern is the winner for you!
You can grab the PDF picnic crochet hook case pattern HERE. This is a paid pattern, great way to support crochet designers is by purchasing their patterns.
3. Love knot crochet hook organizer
If you have a lot of scrap yarn and wondering what to do with it, then this crochet hook case is the best project for that. Made with multiple colours, beauty is guaranteed.
If you are not one for multiple colours, then one solid one can also be used. Make this hook crochet case and give your hooks a home!
4. Carry me with you hook case
Whether you have a lot of crochet hooks in need of a home or just a few, this carry me with you crochet hook case promises you security and beauty.
Grab this crochet case for hooks HERE…
5. Sloth Crochet Hook Case
I hope you loved this easy crochet hook case pattern! If not i hope you found the one you were looking for! I know i did!
Pin this post: Save this tutorial to your Pinterest boards so that you can come back to it later.
Leave a comment: We love to hear your feedback. Tell me in the comments below!
Share on Instagram or Facebook: When you make this project, share it on social media and tag me @Sit_n_Crochet. We love to see what you make!