Crochet giraffes are one of the cutest ways to keep crocheting interesting. Whether you need a new fun project or are looking to make fun toys for your kids, or need a handmade animal for home decor, there’s a crochet giraffe design for that! In this post, we’ve put together 15 free crochet giraffe patterns that are great for beginners and intermediate crocheters.
Crochet giraffe pattern
Crochet is a fun and creative hobby that has been enjoyed for generations. It is an excellent way to express your creativity and make beautiful pieces of art, including a cute and cuddly giraffe. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced crocheter, this project is a great way to make something fun and unique.
Wondering what on earth to do with your crochet giraffe? Here are a few ideas:
Decoration: Place your crochet giraffe on a bookshelf, table, or windowsill to add a pop of color and cuteness to any room.
Toy: Give your crochet giraffe to a child or play with it yourself. It’s soft, cuddly, and safe for kids of all ages.
Gift: Wrap up your crochet giraffe and give it as a gift to a friend, family member, or co-worker. It’s a thoughtful and unique present that is sure to be appreciated.
Fundraiser: If you’re interested in supporting a cause, consider donating your crochet giraffe to a local charity auction.
How to crochet a giraffe
To achieve a crochet giraffe, you will follow similar steps to the ones mentioned below:
- Start by making a chain that is the length of the neck of the giraffe. You can make the neck as long or short as you like.
- Next, make single crochets (sc) in each chain stitch to create the neck. You can make the neck as thick or thin as you like, but make sure it is sturdy enough to hold the weight of the head.
- Increase the number of stitches at the end of the neck to make the head. You can make the head as big or small as you like, but make sure it is proportional to the neck.
- Crochet the body by making a series of sc stitches in each stitch around. Keep increasing the number of stitches until the body is the size you want.
- Add legs by making a chain of stitches, then making single crochets in each chain stitch to create the legs. Make sure the legs are proportional to the body.
- Add the tail by making a chain of stitches and attaching it to the back of the giraffe.
- Stuff the giraffe with the stuffing material, making sure to add enough to give it a nice shape.
- Close up the openings by using the tapestry needle to weave in the ends.
Crochet techniques to know for making a giraffe
To crochet a giraffe, you’ll need to know a few basic crochet techniques. Here are the ones you’ll need for this project:
- Chain stitch (ch): This is the basic building block of crochet. To make a chain stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook and pull the hook through the loop already on the hook. Repeat this process to create a chain.
- Single crochet (sc): To make a single crochet, insert the hook into the next stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook, pull the hook back through the stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook again, and pull the hook through both loops on the hook.
- Increasing: To increase the number of stitches, simply add an extra single crochet stitch into the same stitch. This will increase the width of your piece.
- Decreasing: To decrease the number of stitches, work two single crochet stitches together. This will decrease the width of your piece.
- Weaving in ends: This is the process of weaving in the tails from the starting and ending points of your work to secure them and prevent unraveling.
By mastering these basic crochet techniques, you’ll be well on your way to creating a cute and cuddly crochet giraffe.
Supplies to crochet a giraffe
Here is a list of supplies you’ll need to crochet a giraffe:
- Yarn: You’ll need yarn in your preferred colour for the giraffe. Yellow or brown are great choices, but you can use any colour you like.
- Crochet hook: Choose a crochet hook that is appropriate for the yarn you are using. The size of the hook will be listed on the yarn label.
- Stuffing material: You’ll need stuffing material, such as polyester fibrefill, to give your giraffe shape.
- Tapestry needle: This is used to weave in the ends and close up the openings.
- Scissors: You’ll need scissors to cut the yarn when you’re finished.
Having these supplies on hand will ensure that you have a successful and enjoyable experience crocheting your giraffe.
Other amigurumi patterns you might like
If you are a lover of crochet animals, then you might love these:
15 Crochet Giraffe Patterns
1. Crochet plush toy giraffe
2. Little giraffe amigurumi crochet pattern
Love you a mini crochet animal projects? You will not regret making this giraffe as it promises you cuteness and the best part, a fact make. You can make this for a keychain and make it to gift. Either way goes. Read more…
3. Amigurumi giraffe family free pattern
Make this animal crochet family collection with this free crochet giraffe pattern.
4. Amigurumi giraffe pattern
Love small cute animals? You will surely love this crochet giraffe crochet pattern. Read more…
5. Amigurumi Giraffe Crochet Pattern
Get busy and make this crochet giraffe pattern using this crochet pattern…
6. Amigurumi big giraffe pattern
Make this happy crochet creature pattern. Read more…
7. Gorgeous crochet giraffe pattern
Fast and simple crochet pattern of this giraffe. You will be done sooner than you know it. Read more…
8. Amigurumi Giraffe free pattern
Love to be different? Make this crochet giraffe pattern…
9. Crochet patterm giraffe amigurumi
Aren’t these crochet giraffe amigurumis super cute? Make one with this free crochet pattern…
10. Crochet little iraffe amigurumi pattern
Get the free crochet pattern HERE
11. Amigurumi giraffe pattern
Work this little giraffe ballerina amigurumi using this free crochet pattern…
12. Hearty Giraffe pattern
Get working with this love giraffe crochet pattern…
13. Crochet adorable hearty giraffe
Get the free crochet pattern HERE
14. Amigurumi giraffe crochet pattern
Make yourself this striped crochet amigurumi giraffe pattern HERE
15. Amigurumi little giraffe
Get the crochet pattern HERE
That is all the crochet giraffe amigurumis i have fr you today, i know you found one or two that you found super cute and cannot wait to make. If you did not, i hop you do next time!